The Washington, D.C. area has a lot to offer foodies looking to grab a delicious bite. Whether you’re in the mood for upscale cuisine and a fine dining experience, or a quick burger from the local hole-in-the-wall, you’re sure to find somewhere you love. If you’re not familiar with all of the city’s culinary delights, read on to find some of our favorite spots.
With Valentine’s Day fast approaching, you need to be on top of your game regarding dinner plans. Here are a few fancy restaurants with amazing food that is sure to impress your date:
- Marcel’s by Robert Wiedmaier: Treat the love of your life to a six-course dinner they’ll never forget. This acclaimed restaurant serves top-notch French cuisine in a romantic atmosphere that will have you both saying “Oui, s’il vous plait!” (Yes, please!)
- Obelisk: Pamper your taste buds by going to this authentic Italian restaurant in the heart of D.C. The hand-written menus change daily, ensuring a completely unique experience every time.
- The Hay-Adams: Upscale American cuisine at its finest, a meal at The Hay-Adams won’t soon be forgotten. Dine on delectable offerings while soaking in the unparalleled atmosphere. You may even get a view of the White House!
More Casual Restaurants
Not every occasion calls for such a fancy dinner. Here are some more casual joints that still have incredible food.
- Tail Up Goat: This American fusion restaurant is a local gem. The laid-back, inviting atmosphere complements the superb food and makes for a great overall dining experience.
- Fancy Radish: Vegan food that even the biggest meat eaters will agree is exceptional. Veggies are the superstars in every dish here, and boy, do they put on a great show.
- O-Ku Sushi: Get your roll on at one of the best sushi restaurants in the city. O-ku has traditional sushi mainstays along with more adventurous creations, served in a hip, modern environment.
Sometimes, you just want a quick, tasty meal that comes in a paper bag. Here are some local places that are minimal on ambiance but big on taste:
- Simply Banh Mi: If you’ve been searching for one of the best banh mi sandwiches around, look no further. This no-frills Vietnamese restaurant is the place to go when you need something delicious in a hurry.
- Mangialardo’s: This family-owned Italian sandwich joint is where to go if you’re in the mood for an amazing deli sub. Offering both hot and cold options, you’re sure to find a sub that hits the spot.
- Tortas y Tacos La Chiquita: Craving authentic carne asada street tacos? Head to Tortas y Tacos Chiquita to get your fix. This small establishment started off as a food truck until it became so successful, it called for an entire restaurant. (You’ll see why after one bite.)
There you have it! Wonderful food options for any occasion and budget. There are plenty more mouth-watering options available to you in this diverse area, you just have to look!
Craftmark Homes has been a premier home builder in the Washington, D.C. area for over 27 years. Our business is making your dream home a reality, and we make a point to build in locations that give you access to the area’s best. D.C.’s amazing cuisine is at your fingertips – whether you live at Georgia Row at Walter Reed just minutes from downtown, are walking to the MARC from Mateny Hill to hop a train into the city, or you’re jumping on an easy commuting route from NoVA.
If you’re looking to buy a home and you haven’t yet considered buying new, contact us today for a consultation. We offer many different floor plans in prime locations throughout the city – maybe even near your new favorite restaurant.