As spring blooms and summer approaches, you’re likely one of many who are itching to get outside to enjoy the sunshine. While we know cozying up in your beautiful townhome at The Village at Cabin Branch and Clarksburg Town Center communities is magical, getting outside to the local parks is a great way to get your Vitamin D and enjoy the local scenery. So, today we are excited to give you all the details you need to plan the perfect park day in Clarksburg, Maryland.
There are many options when it comes to parks near our beautiful The Village at Cabin Branch and Clarksburg Town Center communities, but a few we would like to mention are:
- Black Hill Regional Park – This park is a lovely option that has more than 2,000 acres of land to explore, and it’s less than 10 minutes from our communities. It has volleyball courts, playgrounds for your little ones, views of Little Seneca Lake, a half-acre dog park, picnic spots, and trails for hiking. Whether you’re wanting to plan a family picnic, have friends out for some volleyball and barbeque, or hike to some spectacular views, this park is perfect for your day.
- Butler’s Orchard – Butler’s Orchard has a fun and family-friendly Farm Park that is perfect for an enjoyable outing and is less than 15 minutes away from our communities. It has giant slides, farm animals, a playground, pedal tractors, and a tractor slide for your little ones to enjoy. In addition to the children’s activities, the Butler’s Orchard has a farm market that has produce and grocery, a bakery, decor and giftware, a kids corner, and a garden center for you to enjoy.
- Seneca Creek State Park – This park offers 6,300 acres of scenic land to explore and 14 miles of Seneca Creek that winds its way into the Potomac River. It’s just under 20 minutes from our communities, and it has picnic spots, boat rental options to explore the 90-acre Clopper Lake, trails for hiking, and even a tire playground for your children. This is a good option for hiking, mountain biking, and even horseback riding.
Your Park Day Grocery and Food Options
Before you start your park day adventure, don’t forget to stop at the nearby grocery stores and restaurants to stock your picnic baskets. No one wants to enjoy a park day hungry! Some great options to pick up snacks and food include Harris Teeter, Weis (coming soon), Subway, Dunkin Donuts, Wegmans, Chipotle, CAVA, and more.
Must-Bring Items for Your Park Day
Along with your picnic basket full of food and snacks, there are things you want to be sure to pack to make it a successful day. Some of those items include:
- Waterproof picnic blankets
- Plenty of water, especially if you’re hiking or if you have pets with you
- First-aid kit
- Picnic supplies, like napkins, cutlery, serving utensils, and plates
- Portable shade if you have it
- Trash bags
- Baby wipes for easy cleaning
- A portable speaker
- A good read
- Toys for the kids, like balls, bubbles, and water toys
There are many benefits to being outside and spending some time at the park, like it can improve your mood, help you relax, reduce stress, and expose you to the Vitamin-D your body needs. So, plan your next park day today!
To add on some extra adventure to your day, check out our Craftmark Homes communities to see the newest homes available!